- Company Name:
- Membership:Free Member
- Registration Date:2009. 05.27
- Related Keywords:hard gelatin, hard gelatin capsule, gelatin for health
What is Gelatin?
Gelatin is extracted from collagen and is a high molecular weight protein composed of 18 amino acids. Bovine hide, bones, pig skin and fish scales are normally used for the production of the gelatin. Gelatin can absorb 5-10 times of water and if heated, it enters a sol state. Upon cooling, it enters a gel state.
Gelatin is nearly tasteless and odorless. Physical and chemical properties noted: colorless or slightly yellow, transparent, brittle, odorless, tasteless sheets, flakes, or powder, soluble in hot water, glycerol, and acetic acid, and insoluble in organic. Gelatin has a unique protein structure that provides for a wide range of functional properties. These proteins form a compound helix in aqueous solution. Because of its special properties, gelatin is used in making pharmaceutical capsules, jelly, industrial adhesives. Also gelatin is widely used in other applications.
Typical applications include:
35岁以上的夫妻一个月几次正常?35岁以上的夫妻一个月几次正常?,2019一本大道香蕉大在线三太子2019一本大道香蕉大在线三太子1. soft capsule
2. hard capsule
Advantages of Yasin Gelatin
(1) The suitable viscosity
（2）High Transparency and Transmittance;
（3）Low bacteria Count;
（4）Low Chromium Content.
（5）Higher Swelling Ratio and Purity
3. The function and application of Gelatin Function:
Gelatin is used in confectionery, water jellies and desserts, dairy products or functional food, for its versatility. Its functionalities include firming agent, formulation and processing aid, stabilizer and thickener, surface-active agent, and water finishing agent.
a) When added to warm liquids, the viscosity increases and forms a gel as the liquid cools.
b) The gel is thermoreversible meaning it can be melted back to liquid and cooled to re-gel several times. Products containing gelatin can also be frozen.
2. Binding of water
3. Formation of texture
4. Use as a thickening agent
5. Formation and stabilization of emulsion
6. Formation and stabilization of foam Application: meat, ice cream, frozen meat, salad, pudding, frosting, yolk juice, beer clarifier, cheese and dairy, candy, confectionary, sausage, cracker, cold drink, soft capsule, hard capsule etc. Gelatin has a considerable number of applications and uses, In the food and beverage industry for the production of aspic, jelly, pudding, ice cream, yoghurt and for clarification of wine and fruit juices; in the pharmaceutical industry for the production of capsules, as binding agent for tablets, stabilizer for emulsions and blood plasma extender; in the cosmetic industry (ingredient of ointments, pastes and crèmes). (
1)In the food and beverage industry, Gelatin is used as a fining agent for white wine, as a beverage clarifier, as a beer clarifier, and to clarify fruit and vegetable juice, especially for clarified apple juice and pear juice. Gelatin is used in desserts at 8 to 10% of the dry weight, in yogurt at 0.3 to 0.5% as a thickener, in ham coatings at 2 to 3%, and in confectionery and capsules (vitamin supplements) at 1.5 to 2.5%. Further uses include fruit toppings for pastry, instant gravy, instant sauces and soups, edible films for confectionery products, as stabilizer in ice cream, cream cheese, and cottage cheese as well as in food foams and fruit salads. Overall functional uses include as stabilizer, thickener, and textures.
(2)Gelatin and animal glue are closely related. Gelatin-based glues are also used as adhesives to put those little organic stickers on fruits and vegetables. Gelatin is also used in prepared meat products such as canned ham, luncheon meats, turkey, and chicken rolls where it helps to maintain consistency and moisture.
(3) In the pharmaceutical industry, Gelatin capsules (gel-caps) are commonly used to encapsulate various foods, nutritional supplements, and medicines. Various forms of gelatin are common excipients in pharmaceutical formulations, including vaccines, and are used as a binder for tablets.
(4) Gelatin is also widely used in some other industries such as sand paper, emery cloth, paper making, printing, textile, silk, printing & dyeing, match, petroleum, metallurgy, electro deposit, leather, distilling hydrolyzed protein, feed additive etc..
Other products from this supplier
Related products from premium suppliers on EC21
Business Registry Number: 120-86-03931